Ever find yourself viewing homes on the Internet? Whatever you do, DO NOT CALL DIRECTLY. Here's why:
- The listing agent is representing the SELLER, and not you.
- If you call directly, you are relinquishing YOUR right to have representation.
- In most cases, hiring a buyer's agent costs you nothing.
- The seller is paying the commission fee.
- The listing agent splits that commission with the co-broke.
- If an agent "double ends" the transaction, that agent must be neutral to both parties.
If you even THINK you want to see a property, hire a reputable realtor to make that appointment. A house is a major purchase, and you need to enlist a team of professionals to guide you. Cover your assets!