The spring housing market is geared up for a busy season. There's lots of pent-up demand due to the bleak winter we've experienced here in New England. We're sure to see some bidding wars. How do you ensure your offer beats your competition's? Be sure you work with a Designated Client Representative. In this capacity, the licensee has a fiduciary obligation to act in your best interests. Once you are emotionally invested in a house, your negotiating skills go right out the window. Your agent should be well versed in this regard.
- Is the seller in a hurry to move?
- Do they have an offer on another home?
- How extensive are the repairs that may be needed?
- What else is selling in the neighborhood?
- Is the house priced appropriately, or is there room to negotiate?
These are only a few of the factors that go into the strategy of negotiation. If you have a Realtor that you trust, the lines of communication should be open, and they will fight to get you into the home of your dreams.